When you don't have all day . . . . !

Today is one of these days when I know I won't have all day to indulge in crafty pursuits . . . too bad : (

However I have an unfinished project which is looking for a little embellishment (in my humble opinion!).  I made this Harris Tweed collage wash-bag a few months back but it just looks unfinished to me . . . 


It has a lovely peacock blue waterproof lining BTW (I'll try to show that later).

I think it needs some of my favourite finishing touches . . . a little embroidery perhaps, some buttons for textural interest, possibly a little vintage lace?  I'm not sure yet - I'll go with the flow . . . 


I might not go with these colours at all, but actually I think they look quite nice!  I love this kind of project - I've done the 'donkey' work on the sewing machine, now it's all about the creative part - lovely!


I'll do an updated post when I'm happy with the finished wash-bag.  This one is definitely destined for my Etsy shop.

This is our lovely cat Ji-Ji.  She likes to try out my crochet blankets for me just to make sure I've made them cosy enough!  (She's adopted this one for herself of course).  


My new blog is still a work in progress but just to mention that I've added a Contact form to the left hand side (click the the three lines at the top of the home page) if you have any queries or just want to get in touch.  I'll try to get back in touch as soon as possible :)

Speak later,
Alison :)

Comments

Popular Posts